Java is natively blocked from web browsers. You may need to manually perform the following steps on each device attempting to run java programs such as the Colorado Phet simulations.
- Click the download button on the simulation page.
- In the bottom left corner of the browser click Keep:
- In the same location the simulation file will appear, click it to open it:
Java may pop up with some warnings:
- If the message Java version out of date appears – click Later:
- You should now see the simulation being downloaded:
- If the message Do you want to run this application appears – click the checkbox [Do not show this again] and click run:
- The simulation will now start: